Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lazy Knitter

Have you ever met the most laziest knitter in the world? Well, you are reading the post of one such knitter :D.

In my last post (I know it's been ages) I promised that I'd publish the pattern of the pullover which I knit with sock yarn but I forgot to note down the pattern halfway through and even forgot to take snapshots of the finished project. I usually knit watching something and in the middle my mind would sway elsewhere in the Internet and forget about knitting. I'd force myself to come back to knitting and realize that I didn't note down the stitch count! Arrgh! I am so bad when it comes to being organized.

After I completed that pullover, I began another cardigan for my nephew with worsted woolen yarn. I was so captivated by a cable pattern that I saw online but I couldn't find the pattern as it was part of some magazine. I decided to try that out and it did come out well, but as usual, I got carried away with my laziness and when I was almost reaching the armhole, I realized that the chest was two inches extra! That was a real disaster (Like it's new to me, duh!) I just couldn't continue knitting as it would be just too big for my nephew if I continued.

So, I did what I almost always do with a project that I design - Frogging! I think I inherited this habit from my grandmother. She'd usually begin a project and would be more than halfway through. She'd realize that she had made a small mistake that was peeking out like an ugly monster and she'd pull it all without further thought! Though a lazy knitter, I never hesitated to frog my projects. With a painful sigh at the lovely cable, I began a new project -  a subtle diamonds scarf for my friend in Germany.

Yesterday, I began knitting another cardigan for my nephew (not my own pattern) and I thought I'd challenge the lazy knitter in me to complete it within a week. Will I able able to do it? Let's see...

No comments: